Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wordless Wednesday!

Looking Back, 16 Months Ago....

I Absolutely Love Toddler-hood right now, but I am missing the baby time occasionally.
Its daunting to think about starting over again with another baby.
Life is fairly easy with a well-behaved 16 month old and I love the time I have with her right now.
Newborns are definitely a LOT of work compared to toddler.
But we are thinking of having another little one soon and to be honest, it scares me a little.
Starting all over again, when I've come this far with DD....
To be honest, Toddlers are so much more fun! But on the other hand, newborns are great for snuggling, which I don't get with my Toddler except for the brief nursing session and bedtime closeness.
My DD is so much like her Mommy....completely independent, stubborn, determined and outgoing.
And has never been a "Cuddle Baby" as her Grammie tends to say, and its true.
She doesn't like to be held or cuddled for the most part unless nursing.
But lately she has taken a liking to sitting next to me on the couch which is nice.
But I guess Toddlers and newborns both have their advantages, and I think we miss that tiny about of time we get with them when they are little. They grow so dang fast! Which I both love and hate.
Its been a Blast watching my DD grow and change, all for the better, and seeing her personality develop and watch her become the person she is. 

But even as I type this, I'm getting all choked up thinking about having another baby and then it won't be just me and my DD anymore. We have such a close bond and the time together is priceless. Its hard to think of another baby interfering with our time together, but I know it will work out fine. Its just a lot to think about. But thankfully, I have plenty of time to come to terms with it. Who knows how long it will take to get preggo next. It took us a year the first time, and with Hubby being gone at trainings lately, and the upcoming move and added stress, it should give me the extra time I feel I need for now.
But who knows...I guess we shall see! 

I know this is supposed to be "Wordless Wednesday" and I try to stick to that...but I wanted to share a little bit with you today.
Thanks for Reading! And I Love Comments too by the way!






  

More Photo's Next Week's Wordless Wednesday!






Photobucket

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers


18 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie.
    I found the second baby was way easier. I think the first one broke me in.
    Thanks for linking up with me today,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up at Growing up Gardner today!

    You're going to have a blast with a newborn and a toddler. It is much easier the 2nd time around and your little lady will be such a big helper. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up at Why We Love Green! I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is precious!!! They grow up so fast & as soon as #2 comes along it just falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, adorable! They do grow up so quickly. I miss my cuddling baby sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious!! Time flies, huh?


    Thanks for stopping by yesterday and linking up on the W/W Hop! I hope you had the chance to hop around and meet new bloggers! I also wanted to give you a chance to win in a new giveaway starting today! Come back by again and enter your name. =)
    Have a great Thursday!
    ~Carolyn
    Cookin’ for my Captain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to Tina´s WW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling photos! I am a new follower.

    Thanks for linking up with me.

    Andie
    www.GoodbyeDisposableHelloCloth.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww she is so beautiful! Sweet photos!I know what you mean. I enjoy my 14 month old now but I miss my little baby. They grow up too darn fast. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little girl. It is amazing how fast that time goes! Seeing the newborn pics is almost enough to make me want another baby!! Thanks for linking up at www.proverbs-31-wife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Everyone for your Wonderful Comments! I Love Wordless Wednesday and its so much fun seeing what everyone posts!
    Please stop by again soon! I'm going to try to do W/W every week!
    And some more Reviews/Giveaways to come as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos. There are times I miss the babyhood, but I absolutely LOVE toddlerhood. Every day something new is done/said/ and or discovered!

    It is nice meeting you and I look forward to seeing and hearing a lot more!

    Meryl
    http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy to meet you Meryl!
    Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you enjoy my photo's!
    And your absolutely right about toddlerhood!
    But I think I've got baby fever again LOL!

    I'm so glad you and all the other ladies stopped by for a visit! I hope you come back often! I'm trying to post as often as I can right now. Been busy, but have some reviews and giveaways coming and some I'm currently reviewing!

    Hope to see you around again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet post! WOW - this takes me back! My oldest is nearly ten now and we have five children. I agree - when your "baby" starts to not be a baby anymore you miss it - so much!
    You will LOVE having more than one child! It's a little crazy adjusting to the new little one but as they get older they can play together and that is AWESOME - plus they have each other when they go to a new place. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank You Faith!
    I'm looking forward to another baby and I know it will be an adjustment, but I think DD will do pretty well with it. She really loves other kids and babies and did really well when I was babysitting another baby girl for a few months. She is super gentle and loves to share her toys and play. So I think it will be good.

    I have a feeling the key to making it work is to just make sure and give DD plenty of attention and Love so she doesn't have any negative feelings about it or feel neglected!

    Thank you for stopping by Faith and for your wonderful comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember when our second arrived - I was suddenly OVERWHELMED with the idea that my one-on-one time with my oldest was essentially over. I cried and cried and cried. Not because my poor second born was here! I just missed all of our close togetherness. I would say having more children definitely changed things - but ultimately for the better. Now they are playmates. Now they are friends.

    Not a big fan of the whole starting all over again part with the newborn stage but..it's another cute, cuddly person as you say. And we love our little ones! Every season brings change and something to adapt to, I guess. =)

    Loved reading your thoughts. And, I know that you know this but - your daughter is adorable! =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Carrie!
    I think we can relate to each other in that aspect...loosing all the one on one time is a scary thought! But I know it all works out in the end and its good for them to have a playmate!

    And yes...not really looking forward to the newborn stage as far as all the work it takes, but its definitely rewarding none the less and its great to take a million pictures and also cherish that time because its gone in a blink of an eye!

    Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by! Your comments mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...